I started compiling spoilers for season 4 last year, below are some of the better ones. The links have photos and more information on the new cast members, most are recognizable from previous work.-
E! online says, "We have it on good authority (Alan Ball's) that initially witches will reign supreme, but I'm told the plan is for Russell to reappear later in the season."
* Marnie is a Z-list palm reader who’s painfully aware of what a joke she is — that is, until she comes to be possessed by the spirit of a real witch. Anybody else thinking said sorceress might turn out to be the Hallow character Alan Ball told me about back in August?
* Andy’s sister, Portia, is as easy on the eyes as she is sharp in the courtroom. And, since I hear possible portrayers have to be cool with nude scenes, we’re gonna get an eyeful.
* Naomi is an Asian-American cage fighter who, outside of the ring…er, cage…is hot-’n'-heavy with one of her female competitors. My hunch is that, driven away by brother Sam, Tommy starts putting up his dukes for money instead of his paws.
* Queen Mab is an elegant beauty who presides over a fantasy land that sounds a lot like the fairy domain into which Sookie (Anna Paquin) keeps being pulled. But, ethereal as her highness may be, she’s also got a temper…
* Suzanne McKittrick is a Real Housewives type who throws a hootenanny to bond with “her kind.” That “kind,” I’m thinking, being shapeshifters like buttoned-down African-American (and fellow newbie) Emory Broome.
EXCLUSIVE: This is major news for True Blood fans. The new regular role on the HBO vampire series for next season went to veteran Irish theater actress and director Fiona Shaw who is probably best known in the U.S. for her role as Aunt Petunia in the Harry Potter movies. On True Blood, she will play Marnie, a mousy, timid and secretly self loathing storefront medium and palm reader who is taken over by the spirit of a powerful witch.
As fans of the show know, Michael Ausiello has promoted the show since the beginning and he now is at his own site but still giving us goodies on TB.
EXCLUSIVE: HBO's smash has made its second major Season 4 hire: Dexter actress Courtney Ford is joining True Blood as a recurring. The actress — who ironically just completed a stint on another vampire drama, The CW's The Vampire Diaries — will play Portia Bellefleur, a classic Southern beauty who runs her own law practice. The character is the sister of Bon Temps' bumbling detective Andy (Chris Bauer).
EXCLUSIVE: Janina Gavankar (The Gates, The L Word) has joined True Blood's upcoming fourth season as a regular. Additionally, Alexandra Brecekenridge (Dirt, Life Unexpected) and Vedette Lim (As the World Turns) have come on board the HBO smash as recurring. Meanwhile, co-star Jessica Tuck has been promoted to a full-fledged series regular.
Gavankar will play Luna, a super-sexy public school teacher and shapeshifter who is first seen attending an informal gathering with others like her. Brecekenridge, a noted voiceover artist who can regularly be heard on Fox's Family Guy, will play Daisy, a member of a wiccan group founded by Marnie (new series regular Fiona Shaw). Finally, Main Title-repped Lim will portray Naomi, a fierce fighter who participates in underground cage matches for money.
Tuck, repped by Michael Greene and Assoc., joined True Blood as even-tempered vampire mouthpiece Nan Flannigan in season 1. Her role was beefed up considerably last season, so news of her full-time upgrade doesn't come as a complete surprise.
The flurry of True Blood castings arrive one week before production on season 4 is scheduled to get underway. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com
Also from Alan Ball at Paleyfest-
Two other actors have joined the cast of "True Blood" as well, including "Lost" alumnus Neil Hopkins and "The Good Wife" actor Chris Butler. Find out more about their roles after the jump!
Neil, recently seen in the sci-fi film "Skyline," is playing Claude, brother of Claudine, the mysterious leader of the equally enigmatic fairies seen in season three. Claudine is played by Lara Pulver. Seems like Neil, who played Dominic Monaghan's brother on "Lost," is getting in on some fairy action himself.
Chris, meanwhile, is joining the cast in the recurring role of Emory, described by Deadline as "a prissy and conservative shapeshifter with his own agenda." Chris is not the first new shapeshifter to join the "True Blood" cast for season four, as Janina Gavankar signed up last month to play shape-shifting public school teacher Luna.
Even more new characters for True Blood! Yes, it’s true: In Treatment‘s Dane DeHaan has been cast as Timbo, a teen resident of Hotshot. Recall that Hotshot is HQ for the werepanthers, so I’m guessing DeHaan will be panther-ing it up. Rebecca Wisocky has also been cast as Queen Mab, according to Deadline.