Friday, May 3, 2013

...And the Blood Goes On

Wow,  nuWarlow, lulz! Lillith can GTFO. Scene by scene breakdown HERE. I just want to say that this promo is put together a lot better than the others, reminded me of someone's work. It turns out it is who I thought, the very talented Michael Coelho, he should do them all.
                                             It's go time for Jason, more GIFS HERE & HERE
Thanks to I'mHereforSookie
Joe tweeted this of another cover shoot.
Aakars in New York-             May 3rd's Jimmy Fallon.
Showing his leg tat of something that looks winged and birdlike, wait it's 

Quexalcote, the sun god.


Alexander Skarsgard visits "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon"  Source: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America via Zimbio, more at the link.
Far from being read nursery rhymes to sleep, Alexander Skarsgard’s parents “partied a lot when I was a kid. I would fall asleep, and they would just put me underneath the table and keep partying,” Skarsgard said at the Cinema Society/Tod’s event for “What Maisie Knew” at Gallow Green. “I loved . . . falling asleep to my parents laughing and . . . drinking and having a good time. I guess some people think that’s bad, but I thought it was awesome.” NYPost.
The Inquisitr’s Niki Cruz sat down with Alexander and 7-year-old Onata Aprile to chat about his film What Maisie Knew, and True Blood, in it's entirety at the link.
THE INQUISITR: As True Blood gets more and more popular there’s opportunities to do other projects like this. What are you interested in?
SKARSGARD: It’s all about challenges and doing things that don’t feel repetitive. It should be and hopefully it is a creative profession. The creativity is in the discovery. You first sit down with a script and you start to think about the character, “Alright, this is something I haven’t done before and I don’t quite get who this guy is, but I’m curious and I want to discover who he is.” If I don’t feel that when I’m reading it, it’s not a fun process. If I have all the answers then there’s no discovery there. Reading Maisie after I shot True Blood for six months was great because I thought, “Oh man, this is something very different.” There’s got to be some question marks. Moving forward I want to keep pushing myself and to find those challenges, and to learn and grow as an actors.
THE INQUISITR: Do you ever worry about getting burned out? You have The East, What Maisie Knew, and Hidden coming up.
SKARSGARD: Yeah. It’s pretty intense right now because we’re still shooting the show and I’ve been traveling around with all these three films to the different film festivals. I don’t get enough sleep but I’m genuinely passionate about all three projects. I just had the most amazing time working. Come on, you get to hang out with Onata! It’s not bad.THE INQUISITR: Do you feel like the True Blood
 books are following your character’s arc well?
SKARSGARD: At this point I think we’ve kind of gone on a different path. (DUH!!!!) It’s based on the world and the characters, and in the beginning we follow book by book. The season would be based on that book, and the third season would be based on the third book, but now it’s taken on a life of its own. I think it has to because otherwise what’s the point of watching the show if you can just read the books? It has to have its own identity.
THE INQUISITR: There’s this terrible rumor going around that your character on True Blood is going to get killed off. Is that true?
SKARSGARD: I obviously can’t say [LAUGHS].
A.S. last Friday night  (after Fallon) at  St. Patrick's Old Cathedral for Marco Brambilla's showing of  his work, "Creation", Photo:Matteo Prandoni
Alex with Just Jared's Jared Eng on Sunday, May 5th, at the Great Gatsby After party at The Standard, assume the same person took this one below. MORE.
From Monday's (May 6th) Met Gala  Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America and Alex and Jimmy Fallon fromPeopleMag's Instagram, LaineyGossip, Socialite'sLife.


Alexander Skarsgård lies on the bed in a room at the Soho Grand Hotel, his boots kicked off to the side. “Grab a robe and join me!” he says with a laugh, when The Post showed up to interview him. “Welcome to my lair.” It sounds like a line his seductive vampire alter ego, Eric Northman, might say to Anna Paquin’s Sookie on their hit series “True Blood,” as he lures her into something sordid.It’s no wonder the sexy 36-year-old Swede is the biggest thing to come out of “True Blood.” He’s got two movies in theaters now: “Disconnect” — the “Crash” for the digital age — and the emotionally riveting tale of a child in a torn family, “What Maisie Knew,” an updated version of the Henry James novel of the same name, which opened Friday. Later this month, he stars in “The East” alongside Ellen Page and Brit Marling, in a thriller about an anarchist group seeking revenge on corporations.
Skarsgård spent his six month hiatus from “True Blood” packing in film projects.
“I definitely don’t get enough sleep,” he says. “But it’s great. I’m genuinely so excited about all three films.”
Each movie seems hand-picked for an actor on the rise, one making a bid for a varied career. But don’t tell Skarsgård that.
“[It’s] not like, ‘Hey look at me I’m versatile!’ ” he says.“[It’s] just creatively to stay true to myself.”In “What Maisie Knew,” Skarsgård sheds his bad-boy image to play Lincoln, a bartender who forms a strong bond with a little girl in need, Maisie.
Onata Aprile, the 7-year-old actress who plays Maisie and likes to draw “kites and people and things with nature in it,” grins from ear to ear at the mention of Skarsgård, whom she lovingly calls Alex. “He was really fun and funny,” she says, squirming in her seat. “I like to climb on Alex.”
Skarsgård confirms: “I was kind of like a tree trunk. When we’d walk down the street, she would use my arm as a branch.”
The directors of “Maisie,” Scott McGehee and David Siegel, were unfamiliar with Skarsgård’s “True Blood” work when he expressed interest upon reading the script. Their frame of reference was his role as a moronic model in “Zoolander.” Spoiler alert: He dies in a gasoline fight.
“So we knew that he had a funny bone,” says McGehee. “But we didn’t really know what he was like as a person.”
There was also the little problem of audiences possibly wondering why there was a vampire in the middle of an indie drama.
“It was a big concern,” says Siegel. “It wasn’t that we were worried about his acting chops. We just thought, ‘How far can he step outside of that?’ ”
Step out he did. The directors were onboard with Skarsgård after meeting him. 
Though “Maisie” showed Skarsgård’s softer side, his role in “Disconnect” showed him literally softer. The lean and buff star made the character choice to try to pack on the pounds. “I tried, yeah,” he says. “I put on a little bit of weight, but I didn’t have much time because we shot it right after ‘Maisie.’ I just obviously didn’t work out, and I ate a lot of bad food.”
It’s a bold move for a man at least partially known for his abdominals.
“If I feel that a guy that I’m about to play looks a specific way, I have to stay true to that,” he says. “I can’t be like, ‘Hmm, I’m a sex symbol, so what are the fans going to say?’ It’s not like, ‘Oh, look at me! I can actually play ugly!’ F - - k that.”
A more muscle-y big-screen role may be in his future, though. He’s in talks to star in a sure-to-be blockbuster, David Yates’ “Tarzan.” “The script has so much depth, and it’s such a rich, interesting character,” says Skarsgård. “If you find that in a movie like ‘Tarzan,’ great. It’s all about finding something that you’re excited about.”
A schedule like Skarsgård’s takes planning. “True Blood” films for more than half the year and then Skarsgård precisely crams in his movie projects. During one break a year and a half ago, he filmed all three of his current projects back-to-back.
“Coming back to ‘True Blood’ after six months of that, I am very fulfilled creatively,” he says. “It’s actually nice to come back to the crew and the cast, [who] have kind of become a little surrogate family in LA, thousands of miles away from my family in Sweden.”
But isn’t he growing a bit bored of bloodsucking?
“It doesn’t feel repetitive,” he says.
“I think the writers on the show are so good, and they keep it interesting for us actors. Every season, I feel like I’m evolving and learning and growing.”
“But the day you wake up and don’t feel that,” he adds, “then it’s definitely time to move on.”



They plan on taking over the world.
Meant to post this last week it is a very good grouping of werewolf movies, some omissions but still a genre fan's delite. Strangest Werewolves to Grace the Screen from io9.
 Photographer's Warwick Saint's Instagram from a shoot he did last week with Anna.
This made me laugh, since there are only 10 eps, I would hope things got wild by E9-
Donna: I'm a true True Blood fan, which means I need all the spoilers I can get. Thanks in advance!
Episode nine is when things start to get really wild on True Blood. We're talking demented vampires running around, marines and party spirits just tearing stuff up. Trust us, it's an episode you don't want to miss. SpoilerChat
For episode 6.08 of True Blood, the guest role of Funeral Director is being cast.Source: SpoilerTV
Geez, see this is where being lazy pays off, I didnt do a episode list yet, usually do it closer to the premiere. They supposedly changed the titles, I'm trying to find it on a HBO page I squirreled away. Spoiler TV
Episode 6.01 - “Who Are You, Really?”
Bill’s bloody reincarnation ushers in a new era for vampires, faeries and humans alike. (Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by Stephen Moyer.) Playdates: June 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20
Episode 6.02 - The Sun
Sookie meets a handsome stranger; Eric takes on the governor; Bill contemplates his new powers. (Written by Angela Robinson; directed by Dan Attias.) Playdates: June 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27
Episode 6.03 - You’re No Good
Bill looks for a solution to an impending catastrophe; Eric takes a hostage, while Sam tries to recover one. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Howard Deutch.) Playdate: June 30
Oh yeah Baby, that's right I'm still in a Coster-Waldau frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment