Thursday, May 30, 2013

True Blood Hiatus Almost Over!


Season Six Preview: Choice Words
Executive Producer Brian Buckner has just two words to describe the new season of True Blood: "Power corrupts."But he wants us to know that everyone will get their just desserts: "Know this -- all of those corrupted by power will see the error of their ways -- one way or the other."
Because we couldn't help ourselves, we pushed for a little more, asking for the three best adjectives to describe season six. This is what he told us:
"Sexy, twisted...and bloody!" Excited? We definitely are.
From TVLine-
I’m so excited that Anna Camp is returning to True Blood. Any scoop on how Sarah is going to react to Steve coming out of the closet? Or maybe she already knew he was gay all along? –RashadGod-loving Sarah resurfaces in this season’s third episode and wastes no time tearing into her ex — but it’s his vampiric orientation she seems to have the bigger issue with.

From NYDN, all about the new issue of Men's Health UK
It's no special effect: "True Blood" star Joe Manganiello really is that ripped.
The 36-year-old Pittsburgh native, best known for his werewolf character Alcide Herveaux in the steamy HBO series, opened up in the June issue of Men's Health UK about keeping up with his fitness routine.
"I'm not 18 anymore," Manganiello admitted. "But you won't hear me saying that, because me at 36 would destroy me as a teenager. In my mid-30s I'm making bigger gains than I've ever made in my life."
Manganiello also dished about starring alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming thriller "Ten."
"Arnie was a hero to me," Manganiello said. "He's the reason why every guy of our generation started going to the gym. To film with him for four months was awesome. And he still trains every morning."
Schwarzenegger even gave Manganiello a couple tips to make his muscles pop on camera.
"We had a photo shoot for the movie poster. I was wearing a sleeveless top, crossing my arms and flexing," Manganiello explained. "Arnold came in and said 'I see you're flexing your biceps. Don't do that. Keep it loose and [with crossed arms] put the other hand back to push [the muscle forward] - you'll get an extra three inches."
But Manganiello's not trying to win Mr. Universe. Nowadays, he's less about being the biggest and more about staying in peak condition. 
"I want to be a great athlete," Manganiello said. "It's about becoming stronger, fitter and faster."

You can get Joe's fitness book now!
                          What the hell, one more from the LA The East premiere.
The new June issue hits newsstands today! #csmagazine 

From the Season 5 DVD Bonus Features.
Interview from the Inquirer a Philippino Entertainment Site, longer interview at the link.
“There’s a new… oh God, I’ve got to be careful here,” Alexander Skarsgård caught himself as he answered a question on what direction his vampire character Eric in “True Blood” is headed. But the actor revealed the “new” development in his 1,000-year-old fanged Viking sheriff’s life, anyway.
“Someone is introduced, a new character, into Eric’s life,” dished the 36-year-old Swede. A possible love interest? “Maybe, maybe not,” Alexander teased in this recent interview. “But there’s someone new who’s suddenly part of his inner circle.”
On the huge buzz that his beloved character will be killed in the sixth season, Alexander jested, “I’m right here!”
Then he said, “We’re wrapping up. We’re now [doing] the last two episodes of the season. I’m obviously not going to reveal what happens in those last two episodes but Eric has been busy this year because, up until now, the humans have been blood bags. Eric doesn’t really care about humans and they can’t really do anything. But this season, for the first time in a millennium, the humans can actually fight back. The governor of Louisiana has figured out a way to be a real threat and fight back. So it’s tough for Eric. It’s not as easy as it was before, dealing with the humans.”
Alexander’s announcement that he bought a house in LA, where he shoots “True Blood,” may debunk the rumors that Eric Northman will die. “I got a home last year for the first time in 10 years,” he said. “I’ve been a nomad for 10 years, traveling around. I lived in my friend’s garage for two years and I was couch-surfing for many years. I woke up one day and realized I basically had been living out of my suitcases for 10 years, and that it was probably time to grow up, get a house—and so I did that.”As soon as I wrap the show, I’m going with some friends to Iceland,” Alexander said. “We’re going to hike for a week. I very much look forward to that. Last year, I sailed across the Atlantic for a month, which was just wonderful—you have no cell phone reception, no e-mails, nothing. You’re just there and out in the wild.”
For Alexander, these trips are more than just vacations. “It’s important to not get stuck in the rat race or work, work, work because, as an actor, you draw inspiration from real life. You need to interact with people and not constantly be on a movie set.”
From a photoshoot last week for Regard magazine, Rutina is doing up her Facebook 
Yeah . . Dem braids took forever to take out! Woo chile neva' again! #rutinawesley
                                         Rutina on the set of Angry Little God.
From Last week's Phoenix Comic Con, more at TrueBloodComics Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment