Tuesday, May 7, 2013

En Svensk Vampyr

No getting around it, it's a Skarsgard world and we just exist in it. The last few months have been chock full of his movies, his CK promotions, interviews, etc., much to all our delights.

Join the cast on Friday, May 24th at 9:45PM to look back on Season 5 of True Blood. For more on True Blood, go to http://itsh.bo/HAObVp or jump in on the Twitter conversations http://twitter.com/truebloodhbo #trueblood. 

I can watch old clips all day long, they remind me why and how I got hooked.
From SpoilerChat- 
Jessalyn P.: Summer time means True Blood time! Spill! 

Sookie wants her life back! Everything is spinning out of control! The humans are pissed! The vampires are even more pissed! Basically, True Blood is going all out this year. Just watch the season six trailer and you'll see what we mean. Plus, that big death that's happening this season? It might happen a lot sooner than we originally thought. It's in the second half of the season, but before the finale.
This pic reminds me of Laura's  photo of Kristin and a pup from last year's Monstercon. Kristin Bauer van Straten attends the "6th Annual Television Academy Honors  Mark Davis/Getty Images via Zimbio

                                                                More photos at Hitfix.
McMillz other comics, more HERE
Charlaine Harris posted this on her Facebook page
My day has been extra busy. I did fifteen interviews this morning, drove home today, and now I'm skimming through all the comments. I wrote the best book I could, and I'm confident I stayed true to the characters I'd been writing for so many years. It's disappointing to have people impugn my character in such a personal way, but I hope on the whole that many people are entertained by the book and find it a satisfying end to Sookie's adventures.
Hitfix interviewed Carrie Preston about the Emmys, Person of Interest, directing  and True Blood, read it all at the link.
This summer, Preston will begin her sixth season as Arlene on HBO's vampire soap "True Blood," but being a regular on that premium cable hit hasn't prevented her from pivotal recurring roles on a pair of CBS favorites.HitFix: I know you're not going to be able to tell me anything that happens on "True Blood" this season, but I'm just curious as to how this season felt different with Alan Ball not running the show.
Carrie Preston: Well, of course Alan was our Papa, our Daddy, so he sorta left us and we were all very sad to see him go, but we have such a great writing team in place and there's such a continuity with that. Brian Buckner, who's running show now, he's been a writer since Season 1, so he obviously knows the tone and the way the thing runs and you've got a group of actors, we've been together coming up on six years now and it's pretty amazing that we've been able to be on the show that long. It's just such a rare thing. So I think that, if anything, there's been a bit of a sorta fresh air, a fluffing of the sheets, so-to-speak. So there are some new things, energy-wise, that are coming down the pike, but the overall tone of the show and the overall way the show is done has remained in line with Alan's vision.

HitFix: Just as a last question... I know that no working actor is ever going to complain about working too much, but what impact has your currently level of acting busy-ness had on you ability to even contemplate a behind-the-camera follow-up to "That's What She Said"?
Carrie Preston: Oh! You're so sweet to even mention "That What She Said." It's just airing on Showtime this week. We're so excited. They acquired it and it's just starting to show up on TV, so that's a whole new level of fans, hopefully, that will discover the movie.
So yes, of course I'm always busy doing those things. I have a webseries called "Darwin" that I directed the first three episodes and the writers have at least six more episodes written, so we're gonna do a Kickstarter campaign and hopefully get a little support for finishing shooting that and I'll probably be doing that sometime in the fall. And then also, my production company has teamed up with another production company to produce an indie film in Asheville, North Carolina and I will be actually playing the lead in that. It's called "Your Ass Is Grass" and it's a Southern psychological art-house thriller and it's something that I've never done before, played that kind of a role, so I'm really looking forward to that. So we're in the process of putting that all together with investors and actors and all those things that you have to go through before you can actually shoot a film. It takes so much longer to get ready to shoot a film ... than the actual shooting of the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment