Sunday, May 6, 2012

There's Something About Russell

Jarett, at The Insider, has a piece with Denis O'Hare on Russell today
January teaser for the fifth season of True Blood confirmed rumors that Russell Edgington would be exhumed from his cement coffin, but according to actor Denis O'Hare, the former vampire king comes out a whole new man.
"In a strange way, Russell is actually a lot funnier this season," Denis told TheInsider.com at NYC's Lucille Lortel Awards. "He's not toothless, but he's a little more of a comic foil ... until he isn't. And then he becomes very, very vicious again. Which I love."
Those wondering how Russell could turn the other cheek after being buried alive by Bill and Eric have a friend in me since I asked Denis why he's not out for instant, bloody revenge. Apparently the who and not the what behind his exhumation is to blame (or thank, depending on your perspective). "How he got disinterred made him grateful to somebody and that gratitude may inform his new [personality]," he told me.
A new attitude isn't the only change coming for Russell in season five -- he will also get a new boyfriend and discover a deeper love for the performing arts. "I get to dance, I get to hold a puppy and I get to sing karaoke -- a great 70s classic," Denis said, before quickly adding, "not all at the same time, mind you."
And if that doesn't have you excited to go back to Bon Temps this summer, perhaps this will. "We're shooting episodes 10 and 11 right now and it's a really interesting season. It's all about vampire politics -- it's like the inside baseball of vampires, which is so fun." 

Who releases Russell? If it isn't a wolfie I have no clue.  What if he is in love with Rev Newlin?

So now we know that's Roman's extra special fancy stake at Bill's throat, the explosion is set to help Bill and Eric escape.
 Then the scene with the 2 of them and Nora, Eric kisses her for saving them, just trying to piece it together, why would Bill have a jacket on tho, he wasnt wearing one here.
Throwing in a little Peter Mensah, oh yeah.
Thanks to Skarsgardfans for the new piccie of Jessica from S5E1. Manic Panic hair!
Good Vamp read by the author of Anno Dracula at io9.com

whoa Drac, easy on the pancake make-up! Downton Abbey and GoT actors too.


From Ausiello-Question: Do you have any True Blood scoop? The wait is seriously killing me! —NishensAusiello: Terry will spend much of the season on the road with his ex-military buddy Patrick (Scott Foley). “Most of the time we are out in the greater 50 states tracking down other members of our platoon trying to get some closure to this event that happened over in Iraq,” reveals Foley of the duo’s hush-hush storyline, which required “a lot of running and fighting and jumping. There’s a lot of physicality.” Speaking of True Blood, have you seen these?!
Wikia has a Vampire Authority page now-The Authority is said to give vampire monarchs their power and is even in a higher position of power than The Magister. It is known that many vampires fear it, though Russell Edgington mocks the idea.
From Playbill.com and Broadwayworld- Mario Cantone hosted the 27th annual Lucille Lortel Awards May 6, whenSons of the Prophet, The Cherry Orchard, An Iliad and the musical Once were honored in production categories. The Off-Broadway awards were presented at the Skirball Center.



Outstanding Solo Show

An Iliad – Produced by New York Theatre Workshop; Written by Denis O'Hare and Lisa Peterson; Performed by Denis O'Hare and Stephen Spinella; Based on Homer's The Iliad translated by Robert Fagles





More photos from the Essential Homme Mag by photog Matthew Lyn-
                         Janina doing a fashion shoot for Extra TV, she tweeted the photo
A world without Debbie Pelt is perhaps a happier one for Sookie Stackhouse. But a show without Brit Morgan is, well, a little sad for the cast and crew. Fortunately the feeling is mutual.
Gianna: Do you miss us?! We miss you! What do you miss the most about working on True Blood?
Brit: I miss you SO much!!! I really miss everything but what I miss most is the people. Being surrounded by such wonderful, talented people and feeling like a part of the family. And of course, I miss playing Debbie and looking forward to what new, exciting things I was going to get to do each episode!
Gianna: She was such a wild character. What went into creating her?
Brit: To prepare myself for Debbie, I researched a lot about addiction because it's such a huge part of her life. I attended NA meetings every month and talked to different people about recovery and battling addiction. Through both seasons I kept a journal for her that I would write in to get into character and I made many CD's of music that I thought she would like or that made me feel close to her. I rehearsed for every episode with my acting coach and watched some great documentaries on wolves! 
Gianna: You had some pretty intense moments on the show – including your final one. What was the most trying scene you had to shoot?
Brit: I would say in the 4th season, there's a scene were Alcide and Debbie are having sex and midway through she confronts him about his feelings for Sookie. It was challenging because it was a short scene with so much going on emotionally and at the same time I'd never done a sex scene before, so there were many things to juggle. It ended up going smoothly but I remember being nervous for about two weeks before I shot it. 
Gianna: Who made you laugh the most on set?
Brit: There's a lot of funny people, but I'm gonna go with Anna. 
Gianna: Characters die on True Blood, but that doesn't mean we never see them again. Any chance Debbie might rear her angry head? 
Brit: I hope so!! Debbie might come back with vengeance, and if she does it won't be pretty.
Gianna: And finally, the most important question: Team Eric or Team Bill? 
Brit: Team Bill. 
SciFiNow and HBO kicks off the official hunt for the UK’s top Truebie, win True Blood Seasons One-Four on DVD, True Blood merchandise and a signed mystery prize
Jim Parrack on Twitter-Dog Tags. Me In director mode for a new movie I'm blessed to direct


No comments:

Post a Comment