Friday, July 27, 2012

Blood Tripping


Please get rid of baby killer from this elite group, it has lost the humor for me.

Reposting the promos from yesterday, we might as well jump in as True Blood careens into the weird blood trip.
While cleaning up old bookmarks I came across this gold, from Andy Swist,  FANTASTIC! I was so happy others loved the king.


Denis O'Hare talks to Interview Magazine about his first roles and acting, all at the link here's some bits-
As Russell Edgington on HBO's True Blood, Denis O'Hare is an intelligent—though slightly unhinged—bloody, lusty, frightening delight. On FX's American Horror Story, Denis is also frightening and slightly unhinged, but in a very different way. Where Russell is charismatic and commanding, Horror Story's Larry Harvey is skulking and consciously pathetic, an abomination. The recently Emmy-nominated actor knows how to steal a show, but, unlike most actors, he does so in character.
BROWN: So, what do you like most about playing Russell?
O'HARE: You know what, I love the culture of True Blood; I love the family of actors. People always say, "Oh, it's a great group," but it really is a great group, and anybody who's ever worked on True Blood kind of comes away ruined because it is one of the better sets in the world, meaning, it's very, very chill. It's very friendly. It's very professional without being uptight, so people don't mess around—they actually do their job well. And the material, while from the outside it may look camp and fun, we take it really seriously. So when you have a scene where you're threatening somebody else with their life, you've got to bring the stakes, pardon the pun. I love the job for that. And in the meantime, you get to do fantastic things. An episode that's already aired for me is an episode where I got to kill Chris Meloni. That's fun. I also get great writing. The writers really seem to respond to certain characters, like Pam—they seem to love writing for her, and Lafayette, they seem to love writing for him. The writers just love writing for Russell, and it's a gift.
BROWN: When did you find out that you were going get to kill Chris Meloni?
O'HARE: It wasn't for a while. I wasn't told that up front. I knew he was on the show and I was excited. I assumed, I guess like everybody else, that he was going [to be on for] the run of the season because he's a big actor, and a great actor. When I actually had the episode [script], at the end of the episode it showed me stabbing him, I was like "What?" I thought, "Wait a minute. There's no way he's dead. So how can he survive this? When a vampire gets staked, they're dead, right?" I didn't get the next episode, so I was like "Is he dead?" I went to one of the writers and was like, "So, wait a minute. Is Roman dead?" and they went, "Dude, he's dead, you staked him," and I was like, "Oh. Wow. That's crazy!"

BROWN: How closely do you work with the writers?
O'HARE: There's no collaboration, if that's what you mean, meaning, they don't ask us for input and we don't give input. On a line-by-line basis, you may have an objection or suggestion. I personally never do that. But they work as a group really tightly, and they work with Alan Ball and Gregg Fienberg, the executive producer, really tightly. So there's a real family of writers who work on everything. One writer will end up being credited for an episode, but that episode has been bettered by everybody in the writing room. It's their baby, but it's been heavily contributed to by everybody else. I think that's how it works. I've never been in the writing room. I would be terrified to walk in that room.
BROWN: So if you asked them "What happens to Russell in two episodes?," would they tell you?
O'HARE: It depends on the writer and it depends where you are, when you are. If it's late at night and they're tired and they've maybe had a drink. There are other cast members who are really, really good at wheedling out information, so I usually go to them first. I'll sidle up and I'll say, "So, now, what happens to me at the end of the season? Anybody talk to you about that?" And I'll get a sidelong glance and we'll go to the Craft service table and I'll get the [story].
BROWN: Who's particularly good at wheedling?
O'HARE: Oh, I can't name names. I can't name names, but there are people who are really good at it [laughs]. It's one guy in particular. I'll put it that way.
BROWN: Whom do you think that Sookie should end up with?
O'HARE: You know, it's tough. Obviously, I'm still a Bill fan just because I feel that that's the most natural relationship for them. He seems like a marrying type. Eric obviously is never gonna settle down. Joe [Manganiello, who plays Alcide], while he's amazing eye-candy and has this fun esprit de corps, just seems a little unstable. So, I'm a Bill fan. What can I say? That was the most romantic pairing for me.

Writer's Digest has an interview with Charlaine Harris at the link
A Video where she answers some Dead Ever After (final book) questions-

True-Blood.net got to speak to set designer Suki Ingerslev at SDCC

The Nester's have scans of the new EW article on True Blood, (more on their site)
From TVLine- Carrie Preston is turning a new page in her career: The True Blood actress is set to play a celebrated author on Royal Pains, TVLine has learned exclusively.
Preston — who last week was robbed of an Emmy nomination for her career-high work on The Good Wife — has signed on to guest star during the USA Network hit’s current fourth season as Jackie Van Ark, a successful romance novelist who brings her college-bound daughter to HankMed to treat her for mysterious symptoms.
The twist? While easygoing Jackie couldn’t seem more different from her high-strung spawn, it turns out they have more in common than they thought.
Preston recently wrapped production on Season 5 of True Blood. Her Royal Pains episode is slated to air on Sept. 5.

Rollingstone interviews Deborah Ann Woll- You caused a quite a stir a couple of Sundays ago when you tweeted that someone might die in that night's episode [Christopher Meloni's character, the vampire Guardian Roman Zimojic, wound up being killed. The tweet has since been deleted].Oh, gosh, I felt so bad about it afterwards because I had completely forgotten Roman was going to die that night [laughs]! Because I had that big immortality speech [in Episode Five], I had been getting a lot of tweets from people afraid that Jessica was going to die. So I was like, "Well, why don't we just stir them up a little bit? And hint at someone just as, like, a lie. And then when I watched the episode that night and Roman died, I was like, "Hah! That's funny! Someone did die!" And then I got a call from HBO, and they were like, "You blew it!" And I was like, "Oh, my God, I'm so sorry!"
In real life, you're about 10 years older than Jessica – she may look 17 forever, but she's still only about 18, 19 years old, given the passage of time in True Blood. So what do you do to channel your inner teenager for the role?
I think part of it is actually just about allowing yourself. Once you become a grown-up, it's a lot of impulse control. You say, "All right, I feel like lashing out and screaming at the top of my lungs, but I'm not gonna do that." What's really fun about playing Jessica is that if I get that impulse, it's just like, get out of your own way, let yourself scream and shout about it, because that's what a 17-, 18-, 19-year-old might do.
Are you having the time of your life this season? Jessica is living off of Bill's money, hooking up with Jason (although in the most recent episode things have started to get ugly) – and she got to have an all-out girl fight with Tara. It looks like so much fun!
It is! It's fun to do different things each episode and see where it goes. But I'm really excited about the second half of this season. We're getting into more serious, scary stuff coming up and I think that will be fun for audiences. Now, certainly, with the death of our Authority leader, who knows what's gonna happen over there? Russell [Edgington] seems pretty powerful. Or more powerful than we thought.Could you see Jessica becoming a maker someday? What do you think she would be like?
Well, I definitely think she would, if only because she is so lonely and has no friends. It's true that vampires are lonely creatures and one way to have a companion in your life is to be a maker. She'd be good at it because she has such a strong understanding of what it's like to be young and scared and lonely. She was a good vampire sister to Tara for all of five minutes. MORE

                                        True Blood's Facebook had this up today.
Kristin at a promotional event for Forsaken MORE
Deborah at the "Ruby Sparks" premiere


No comments:

Post a Comment